Planning on hosting a website in China? Worry not, NETK5 is one of the best WordPress hosting in China. Follow these various steps to obtain your ICP license.
How to Start Hosting Your Website for the China market?
Are you interested in expending your business in China? A website would help.
You need to be aware of a few key factors. First and foremost, you’ll need to ensure that your website is accessible from within the country. This access usually involves acquiring a Chinese IP address and registering your Domain Name with the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT).
Additionally, you’ll need to comply with Chinese law, which requires all websites hosted in the country to have a valid Internet Content Provider (ICP) License. Fortunately, NETK5 offers one of the best WordPress hosting in China and can help you with all of this. Once we have everything in order, you’ll be able to start enjoying the many benefits of having your website localized in China.
Why Should Companies Have a Website in China?
There are several reasons why companies doing business in China have a website. First, a website is a crucial way to reach potential customers and partners, especially for companies starting out their presence in China.
First, a website can help your company to build its brand and reputation in the Chinese market. A well-designed website can present a professional company image, attracting more customers and business partners.
Secondly, a website can act as a powerful marketing tool. It can help to promote the company’s products and services to a broader audience and generate leads and sales.
Finally, having a website can provide a valuable channel for customer service and feedback adapted to China. It can help you build trust and relationships with customers and quickly resolve any issues or complaints.
What are the Various Steps Involved in Hosting Your Chinese Website?
So how do you host your website when you’re in China? First, we’ll show you how to set up a Chinese hosting account and get your website up and running.
- Pick a hosting company from where you want to host your website. You can choose from many companies in China per your budget and requirements. NETK5 has excellent offers here.
- Choose your Chinese Domain Name. You can register your domain name with your web host in advance or buy it from a third-party registrar.
- Apply for an Internet Content Provider (ICP) License. This license is essential to access a China Content Delivery Network (CDN) and get hosting services for fast-loading websites.
There are two types of ICP licenses:
- You can run an e-commerce website if you have an ICP license for commercial websites (operational).
- Direct online sales are not permitted using an ICP license for non-commercial (informational) websites.
What is an ICP number?
ICP number is equivalent to the ID number of the website. According to the state’s “Internet Technology Information System Service Quality Management Measures”, business platforms must apply for ICP license through the website, otherwise it will be illegal production and operation.
The one responsible for issuing ICP numbers is the China Accounting and Reporting Standards Committee (CARSC).
Using WordPress? You’ll need to adjust a few things
Designig a website for China can be tricky for international developers. Chinese government protocols require some important adjustments.
Here are some things you can do:
- Make sure that you have an excellent Chinese translation of your website. This process can help you with search engine optimization and let the Chinese audience know more about your product.
- Get a local business license for your website, making it easier to sell products and services online.
- Avoid using Google Translate on your website so that the Chinese government will not flag it as questionable content.
- Actually, avoid any Google services. Youtube, Google Maps, CDN… These will not work and slow you down.
- Ensure all the links on your site point back to your main page instead of other pages like blogs or forums.
Why is Long-term Support Important?
Getting a new Website is like buying a car. It’s all new and shiny, and you love to show it around. You don’t have to worry about it for a while, until the day something goes wrong.
Maintaining your car means regular oil changes and tune-ups to keep it running smoothly.
For your website, technology evolves, bugs get discovered, hackers get smarter. You need to keep your system, your plugins, and your backups up-to-date. You need to monitor the speed, the visitors, the ranking on search Engines.
If, like is often the case, your developer treats your website as a one-time project, all this won’t get maintained and updated, and you’ll run into issues.
Our approach is not limited to making sure the hardware runs fine, but to keep your siteb updated, optimized and protected.
This is what our Long Term Support is all about.
Your Reliable Web Hosting Solution
借助性能和使用趋势的 NETK5 hosting solutions, you can focus on your website content and business development.
Our hosting plans are based on Linux Apache MySQL PHP (LAMP) and provide lifetime plugins, content updates, and China CDN. We also help customers with the necessary regulatory processes, including ICP authorization.
Furthermore, we offer the finest support for e-commerce, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) business applications hosted in China. In addition, we are improving your SEO ranking and web presence for Chinese search engines.
Get in touch with us today to learn more about our web hosting services.
Overall, Hosting a Chinese website is an interesting and potentially lucrative way to reach out to the vast Chinese market. Having a website specifically designed for Chinese customers can be beneficial for businesses looking to expand their reach and increase their customer base. We are one of the companies that can host your website, so make your decision now!